In the event a Muslim body is sent to the coroner’s office or hospital, the instructions listed below should be followed:
- Deceased female should be handled by a female or family member if a female is unavailable.
- Deceased male should be handled by a male or family member if a male is unavailable.
- Body should under no circumstances be uncovered.
- Clothes should be removed by a female if the deceased is female.
- Clothes should be removed by a male if the deceased is male.
- An autopsy should be avoided according to Islam.
- If a situation arises where an autopsy is absolutely necessary, it should be performed by a physician of the same gender as the deceased. The naked body should not be seen by anyone of the opposite gender.
- The body should remain covered by a gown and family member(s) should escort the body from the hospital to the funeral home.
- The body should be carried to funeral home and placed on the table by those of the same gender as the deceased or family member(s) if members of the same gender as the deceased are unavailable.
- The body should remain covered during this entire process. The covering should be removed by the same gender of the deceased who gave the deceased a bath.
- The body of the deceased should be covered with a sheet as soon as the bath is completed.
- It cannot be emphasized enough that the body of the deceased needs to remain covered at all times.
Funeral Home Information
Bollinger-Bican Funeral Home has been providing services to our community. Please contact Br. Abu Ghasan @ 440.532.2117 or the funeral home directly:
Bollinger-Bican Funeral Home
Charles D. Slone
Note: Please do not contact Coreno Funeral Home or Nancy under any circumstances
Resthaven Memory Gardens Cemetery
3700 Center Rd
Avon, OH 44011-2341